UPSTREAM is excited to announce the launch of the Government Reuse Forum (GRF) - a support network and working group for U.S.-based government staff and elected officials to develop infrastructure and policies to steward the transition from single-use packaging to reusable food delivery systems.
- Are you struggling with the costs and impacts of single-use food packaging in your waste-streams?
- Are you interested in finding ways to focus on reduction and reuse to reduce the quantity of waste managed via recycling, compost, incineration and landfill?
- Are you craving more opportunities to learn and collaborate on waste prevention strategies with government leaders across the country?
- Do you want to be part of an organized national effort of forward-thinking government leaders working to change our throw-away culture?
If you answered YES to any one of these questions, the Government Reuse Forum is for you. Join other local government sustainability leaders who are dedicated to providing better solutions to plastic pollution and policies aimed at changing the throw-away culture.
Goals of the Forum
- Create a learning space and networking opportunity that fosters greater insight into the policy tools and infrastructure solutions needed to change the throw-away culture.
- Develop and disseminate model policies to seed reusables in food service across the country.
- Accelerate the growth of innovative / start-up businesses that are providing reusable foodware solutions.
Value / Support the Network will Provide
- Monthly national calls to share strategies, updates, and learnings*
- A space for continued learning, strategy development, and resource sharing
- Local hubs so you can work with others in your region
- A way to track the development of new policies and reuse systems
- Resources, such as:
Connections to NGO advocates willing to help
Introductions to innovators in the reuse business marketplace
* Monthly Call Schedule: We will meet on Zoom from 12:30 - 2:00 PM PST / 3:30 - 5:00 PM EST on the first Thursday of each month starting on October 1, 2020.
SIGN UP HERE